Monday, August 7, 2023

The Bonyhad Genizah

 Wow! The "Bonyhad Genizah"!

I looked through this and there are definitely a lot of names that are familiar to me from my work on Mr. Blau's book.
Not all of these pictures had names or names that were readable (at least to me and my sons), but some of the surnames that I was able to make out include: Ullman, Strauss, Strausz, Kohn, Goldring, Beck, Krausz, Warim (ווארום), Kritzler, Kaufman, Kohler, Schwarz, Ferenc, Salamon, Roth, Steiner, Muller, Zeif, Alwesiz, Blum, Fridling, Frohlich, Lajos, Weisz. 
I'm sending this email to as many Bonyhad people as I can, if you know anyone who descends from these families that would be interested in getting seforim that belonged to their ancestors, you can be in touch with Nina Forman <nina.forman@ntlworld.com> or her son Dov Forman <dovforman03@gmail.com>. If you know more Bonyhad people, please forward this message along to them to help spread the word!

Shalom & Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods Lashon HaKodesh

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 8:09 PM Julian Weider <weiderjulian@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Larry

The gentleman in Bonyhad who returned the Chumash to my daughter and grandson has written to say he has 50 or more seforim with names. He and his wife were so moved by the film of Lily receiving the book that they now want to make effort to reunite the seforim with any surviving families who may recognise family names.

I am attaching a link with photos of some of the collection:

Please liaise with Nina/Dov regarding any of your group/contacts wanting to take this forward. Nina and Dov are both copied into this mail.

Kind regards

Julian

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment